Ruby program is a high-level general-purpose programming language. It is interpreted and object-oriented language. Ruby is a free and open source.
Ruby is also knowing as multi-paradigm language. It supports cross platforms. The objective of Ruby’s development was to make it functional between programmers and machine. It is mostly useful for building web application. It also as many applications like data analysis, prototyping, proof of concepts and many more. It uses file.rb extension.The logo of ruby is a red diamond.
Printing hello world in Ruby
Puts “Hello World”
Puts is used in ruby for printing. While other programming uses echo, print, …etc.
Ruby on Rails
Ruby on rails is the server side application framework for Ruby. Every programming language has its own framework. Ruby on rails makes program much easier for building modern web applications. It includes everything for building beautiful application. Rails is open source and you will find most of its libraries online.
Ruby on rails is for ruby as laravel for PHP. This framework is good for rapid application development. Rails is convention over configuration. Rails have a strong focus on testing. Good testing leads to good application development. Rails is becoming more and more popular. You can try ruby on rails if you are starting programming.
Ruby program features
- Free, open-source, and easy to understand.
- A true object-oriented programming language.
- Some big websites are build using ruby.
- It can be embedded into HTML.
- Useful for building web applications.
- Rails framework has a strong developer community.
- Ruby has its own web application framework (Ruby on Rails).
- It follows the DRY (Don’t repeat yourself) principle.
- It is open-source programming that allows the developer to modify, distribute, and use.
- The code is easy to write, read, and understand.
- The goal of the ruby is to make itself a simple and fast creation for web applications.
- Ruby code is difficult to debug and sometimes generates an error during runtime.
- It has less information compared to other programs.
- It has lower flexibility and not so popular.
- Slow processing.
Websites build using Ruby programming
- Code academy and many more.